Remember this event is mainly for fun and to give you a challenge until we get back to organized group training. So give it a go if you are chasing a PB, just need a bit of exercise or fancy a fun run.
Please spread the word to our members who are not on social media or who are not into technology. They can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. This post will also appear in Facebook and I will drop a note to the members I know who do not use social media.
Here is how it works (same as previous months with an update to the handicaps).
1. You will get a chance to run a 4 mile measured course (by you) on your own which starts and finishes in roughly the same place and it can consist of loops if that is easier.
2. Every club member can participate. For Handicaps we will use your July virtual time if you had a go last month. If you have not done a virtual TT, then your last handicap will be used even if you were a marker (m) or lapsed ** (Best of last three is not being used in the Virtual TTs).
3. If you are not on the Handicap sheet still have a go and your time will be used for the September Virtual TT (hopefully we will have returned to group training before then!).
4. Once you have completed your run just post your time and a photo in the MAC Members Facebook page as that seems to be the preference (Garmin records are fine but I will trust you if you just post the time). If you are not on MAC Members, a private Facebook message will do or just email me – email@example.com
5. On the morning of Wednesday 5 August, I will publish the full results in the virtual finishing order along with an album of your photos.
6. The Scottish Athletics Virtual Challenge Safety & Code of Conduct link is attached for your information.
7. You can access the August Virtual TT Handicaps in the TT Championship section of the Motherwell AC website (2020 Handicaps – July Virtual TT).
Thanks in advance for your participation.