Restart a Heart is a day of action with the aim to teach vital life-saving CPR skills to as many people as possible.
On 12th October, NHS Lanarkshire will be aiming to teach over 200,000 in vital life saving Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
This will take place
- At main entrances of Monklands, Hairmyres and Wishaw General Hospitals (between 9am-5pm)
- Wishaw Sports Centre (5pm-9pm)
See Save a Life Scotland for more detail and other events to mark Restart a Heart day.
Please see the letter below from our Club Chair, Tracey Lamont about an opportunity to aid the safe registration of young athletes on a Wednesday evening. It was given to parents on 5th September.
NOTE: the club is looking for volunteers for other positions too and is grateful for any and all help given.
Dear Parent / Guardian
I would like to ask you to please consider helping to support and ensure the safe running of Motherwell Athletics Club training for your child and the others who also attend on a Wednesday evening.
Motherwell Athletics Club relies on volunteers to enable the safe, quality coaching and positive learning experiences all athletes have when they come to training and are involved in other internal and external opportunities offered throughout the club.
On a Wednesday night at Wishaw Sports Centre we need people to undertake the registration and help keep the records up to date from 5.35pm to 6.15pm . This is a simple but essential role. At present Pauline Russell (Welfare Officer) has been helping out with this role on a short term basis. We need a couple of parents/guardians to now take this role on to continue enabling the coaches to concentrate on the coaching. This is particularly important for the continued coaching for children under the age of 16.
Anyone who is able to help with this please let any of the coaches know as soon as possible. Someone in the club will help support you in this role until you are confident to do it yourself.
Anyone who takes on this role would need to undertake a PVG disclosure which the club will arrange at no expense to the volunteers.
Motherwell Athletics Club Chairperson
3rd September 2018
At the recent club committee meeting, the club Treasurer (William Martin) announced his intention to step away from the role for next year due to professional commitments. Motherwell Athletics Club is grateful for William’s contribution as Treasurer (and other roles) over many years and wishes William continued good fortune with his business.
The club is seeking a new Treasurer for the up-coming AGM (October 25th). The role involves management of the clubs finances inclusive of
- liaising with the bank
- ensuring auditing of the clubs accounts take place, and,
- reporting on the club financial position
- amongst other responsibilities.
William will aid in any handover of duties. The role would be of interest to anyone with a desire to be involved with the running of a small not-for-profit organisation.
Similarly the Club Kit Manager, Andrew Steel will vacate this position, and again Motherwell AC expresses it’s thanks to Andrew for his work since 2015 in this role.
The Kit Manager role involves
- Manage and maintain stock levels of club clothing.
- Explore opportunities and liaise with suppliers to introduce new kit into club stock .
- Distribute club kit to new members
- Maintain and grow the brand of Motherwell Athletics Club through the consistent look of the club kit.
And is an ideal opportunity for those seeking to develop:
- Interpersonal/communication skills by liaising with internal customers, treasurer and an external international supplier.
- Good judgement on procurement decisions to maintaining club stock levels with consideration to club finances; Liaising with club treasurer as required.
- Responsibility to oversee the procurement and delivery process.
- Attention to detail to review quotations and kit designs are as per requested; ensuring the brand of Motherwell Athletics Club remains consistent.
- Opportunities to conduct market research and explore recommendations and ideas for new club kit.
The club is grateful for Kevin Durnian who has been the primary source of club communications via Facebook. Kevin will vacate this responsibility at the AGM.
The club website shall still be maintained at a technical level by the webmaster (John McParland) and some social media and website updates shall still flow through Emma Hunter and Joe Hoolaghan. Motherwell AC is grateful for Kevin, Joe and Emma’s contributions.
However the club is seeking a Communications Manager to
- Oversee the regular posting of news updates across web/social media
- Be a first point of contact for enquiries from prospective athletes (both junior and senior)
- Respond to requests to post information on the website/social media in a timely manner
- Bring in fresh ideas of how the club web / social media presence can be managed
This would be an ideal opportunity for someone who
- Enjoys interacting with potential customers/clients over social media and email
- Would like to represent the club as a first point of contact
- Would like to pursue a career in Publishing, Digital Media, Social Media or Marketing (or just take on aspects of those)
Any technical training required shall be provided, though note the barrier of entry in terms of technology (Facebook pages, WordPress sites, Google Drive/Docs) is low.
Unfortunately Wishaw Track is still closed this week.
T&F Training for ALL groups on Wednesday, 30 May 2018 will again take place at Dalziel Park Track, Dalziel Rugby Club, Hagen Drive Motherwell, ML1 5RZ from 6-7.30pm.
Athletes should bring £1 to offset the venue hire costs.
The club requests that ALL members please send the following information to Barbara Hogg (firstname.lastname@example.org), Club Secretary.
- Phone Numbers for yourself
- Next of Kin – name, relationship and phone number
These details are required to ensure that the club is able to contact members, their parents/guardians and next of kin in the unlikely event of someone falling ill during an event.
We have been prompted to ensure these are up-to-date following a discovery some details were out of date.
Details will be stored in compliance with data protection regulations.
At the recent club committee meeting it was noted we are several members down this year.
If you have not renewed, the club colours cannot be used for races, and no points shall be awarded for any club races (time trials or road racing championship/league races).
A recent consultation has determined the future of the athletics provision at the Ravenscraig Regional Sports Facility.
While for now the athletics provision shall remain, it will be continually measured and reviewed in one years time.
Please see the announcement from North Lanarkshire Leisure.
Thanks to all who responded to the consultation.
Membership is now open for 2018 via EntryCentral.
Membership prices have been frozen again for 2017. New members who signed up after 30th September 2017, your membership includes all of 2018.
Current members must renew by the end of February 2018 or membership shall be deemed lapsed.
Senior endurance athletes will need to renew their membership to be included in the Leagues and to be included in any ballots for Club places at events (e.g. London Marathon and Clyde Stride Ultra Marathon).
You need to be a current member of Motherwell Athletics Club to compete for the Club.
Please see more information about Joining Us.