At the recent club committee meeting, the club Treasurer (William Martin) announced his intention to step away from the role for next year due to professional commitments. Motherwell Athletics Club is grateful for William’s contribution as Treasurer (and other roles) over many years and wishes William continued good fortune with his business.
The club is seeking a new Treasurer for the up-coming AGM (October 25th). The role involves management of the clubs finances inclusive of
- liaising with the bank
- ensuring auditing of the clubs accounts take place, and,
- reporting on the club financial position
- amongst other responsibilities.
William will aid in any handover of duties. The role would be of interest to anyone with a desire to be involved with the running of a small not-for-profit organisation.
Similarly the Club Kit Manager, Andrew Steel will vacate this position, and again Motherwell AC expresses it’s thanks to Andrew for his work since 2015 in this role.
The Kit Manager role involves
- Manage and maintain stock levels of club clothing.
- Explore opportunities and liaise with suppliers to introduce new kit into club stock .
- Distribute club kit to new members
- Maintain and grow the brand of Motherwell Athletics Club through the consistent look of the club kit.
And is an ideal opportunity for those seeking to develop:
- Interpersonal/communication skills by liaising with internal customers, treasurer and an external international supplier.
- Good judgement on procurement decisions to maintaining club stock levels with consideration to club finances; Liaising with club treasurer as required.
- Responsibility to oversee the procurement and delivery process.
- Attention to detail to review quotations and kit designs are as per requested; ensuring the brand of Motherwell Athletics Club remains consistent.
- Opportunities to conduct market research and explore recommendations and ideas for new club kit.
The club is grateful for Kevin Durnian who has been the primary source of club communications via Facebook. Kevin will vacate this responsibility at the AGM.
The club website shall still be maintained at a technical level by the webmaster (John McParland) and some social media and website updates shall still flow through Emma Hunter and Joe Hoolaghan. Motherwell AC is grateful for Kevin, Joe and Emma’s contributions.
However the club is seeking a Communications Manager to
- Oversee the regular posting of news updates across web/social media
- Be a first point of contact for enquiries from prospective athletes (both junior and senior)
- Respond to requests to post information on the website/social media in a timely manner
- Bring in fresh ideas of how the club web / social media presence can be managed
This would be an ideal opportunity for someone who
- Enjoys interacting with potential customers/clients over social media and email
- Would like to represent the club as a first point of contact
- Would like to pursue a career in Publishing, Digital Media, Social Media or Marketing (or just take on aspects of those)
Any technical training required shall be provided, though note the barrier of entry in terms of technology (Facebook pages, WordPress sites, Google Drive/Docs) is low.