Scottish Athletics has now issued the updated Covid-19 Guidance and Framework for Athletics. The links are attached. A summary of the updates to the guidance issued last week is also set out below.
Updated Level Framework for Athletics 4 November 2020
Covid-19 New Update and Guidance 4 November 2020
Summary of Updates:
- Age 11 and under – outdoor – coaches are included in the total group size of 30.
- Level 4 – outdoor – training group sizes should be reduced as follows:
- Age 11 and under – maximum group size of 15 (not including coach)
- Age 12-17 – maximum group size of 8 (not including coach)
- Age 18+ – maximum group size of 8 (not including coach)
- Age 18+ – indoor – in Level 3 no group activity is permitted. You can participate following Scottish Government household guidance (2 households, maximum 6 people)
- Level 3 – outdoor
- Where athletes aged 18+ may be in close contact for an extended period of time (e.g. longer than 15 minutes) we strongly recommend enforcing physical distancing.
- Coaches can continue to travel to coach (both paid & voluntary) across local authority boundaries in all levels.
- Participants under 18 years of age can travel to and from Level 0-3 areas (not Level 4) to take part in athletics activity.
- Participants aged 18 years of age or over should, where possible, minimise unnecessary travel between areas. You can travel into a Level 3 area for athletics activity if it is within 5 miles from your local authority boundary.
- For participants 18+ in a Level 3 area travel is permitted within and around 5 miles from your local authority boundary for athletics activity.
- In Level 4 travel is only permitted within your own local authority area.
- You should avoid any unnecessary travel to a Level 4 area.