Senior Endurance Return to Training on 1 September 2020 at Strathclyde Park
We will be returning to training on Tuesday 1 September 2020 at Strathclyde Park with a 6.30 PM sharp start, so please be there in plenty of time. Please note – Only club members or new starts who have contacted us in advance with track and trace information will be allowed to attend the session.
Coaches will have a supply of hand sanitizing gel if required, although it would be preferable if athletes brought their own.
Toilet facilities are currently unavailable; however, we are in regular contact with the Water Sports Centre and will update you if the situation changes.
A. Here is an outline of the Scottish Athletics Guidance:
- We will be allowed a maximum of 30 athletes at a session.
- Maximum group size (bubble) of 15
- You will not be required to physically distance when the session is taking place within the bubble.
- Normal physical distancing guidelines apply out with the session.
- Athletes must stay within their designated bubble for the duration of the session.
- There is now no requirement for 2m/5m gap within the bubble.
- Physical distancing as per Scottish Government Guidance must be maintained when the session is complete.
B. Good hygiene advice before, during and after training today
- Refrain from handshakes and high fives, hugs etc. i.e. no physical contact.
- Do not share food, towels, and drinks.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes and dispose of any used tissue safely or take it home with you.
- Hand sanitize regularly.
- Avoid spitting unless into a tissue which you should take home and dispose of.
- Avoid touching your face.
C. Here is what will happen when you arrive at Strathclyde Park
- Please drive past the Boathouse to Car Park 4 (we may use Car Park 3 if maintenance is underway) .
- You will be met by a coach(s) and our registration secretary who will tick off your name from the list of members for track and trace, and ask you the health screening questions (see D below).
- You will be directed to one of two locations in the car park where the bubbles will be formed.
- When both bubbles are formed you will be met by a coach who will introduce the session.
- The warm up and cool down is part of the session and must be completed within the bubble.
- The bubbles will start their sessions at different times to ensure that no more than 15 Motherwell AC athletes are in the same proximity at any time.
- Please stay within your bubble of 15 for the duration of the session.
- When the session is finished, please return to physical distancing as per Scottish Government Guidance.
D. Please do not attend training if any of the following apply to you
- Have you been in contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you been overseas, or in any area of the UK highlighted as high risk, or exposed to someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you had COVID-19 symptoms (self-isolate for 7 days) or are you feeling unwell?
- Have you been told to self-isolate as part of the contact tracing measures in place?
E. Our Approach to Returning to Training
- Our return to training will be in line with Scottish Athletics guidance. Due to potential disparity in athletes’ level of fitness, we will treat our return to training as the start of a training year. This means our initial training period will be primarily around building an endurance base. Training sessions over this period will mostly include longer slower runs, where we will gradually increase the distance and intensity of our sessions. Any athletes who feel that their training is more advanced may wish to extend these sessions, but this would be considered separate from the club and not part of the club session.
- Please also remember that during club training sessions athletes should never be left to run on their own.
- The August and September Training Schedules are on the club website.
- Please be patient for the first few sessions while we work through any teething problems with the system.
- Here is a link to the August and September Training Schedules
We look forward to seeing you soon.
The Senior Endurance Coaches