JULY MOTHERWELL AC VIRTUAL TIME TRIAL IS ON BETWEEN FRI 3 JULY AND TUE 7 JULY
Remember this is mainly for fun and to give you a challenge during the current restrictions, and is not part of the Time Trial Championship. However, the April, May and June events were quite competitive with some excellent times recorded. Virtual winners trophies and a virtual wooden spoon will be awarded.
Please spread the word to our members who are not on social media or who are not into technology. They can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. This post will also appear in the Motherwell AC Facebook page and I will drop a note to the members I know who do not use social media.
Here is how it works (same as previous months with an update to the handicaps).
1. You will get a chance to run a 4 mile measured course (by you) on your own which starts and finishes in roughly the same place (as practically possible), consisting of one continuous loop or a number of continuous loops of no less then half of one mile.
2. Every club member can participate. For Handicaps we will use your June virtual time if you had a go last month. If you have not done a virtual TT, then your last handicap will be used even if you were a marker (m) or lapsed ** (Best of last three is not being used in the Virtual TTs).
3. If you are not on the Handicap sheet still have a go and your time will be used for the August Virtual TT (it is unlikely that we will be back to full group training by then).
4. Once you have completed your run just post your time and a photo in MAC Members as everybody preferred to do last month (Garmin records are fine but I will trust you if you just post the time). If you are not on MAC Members, a private Facebook message will do or just email me – email@example.com
5. On the morning of Wednesday 7 July, I will publish the full results in the virtual finishing order along with a collage or two of your photographs (you will probably have seen most of the photos by then).
6. The Scottish Athletics Virtual Challenge Safety & Code of Conduct link is attached for your information.
7. You can access the July Virtual TT Handicaps in the TT Championship section of the Motherwell AC website (2020 Handicaps – July Virtual TT).
Thanks in advance for your participation.