Well done to all our athletes who represented the club at the LAAA cross country championships on 21st Nov.
Full results are:
- U13G – Zoe Hawkins (17th – 10:23)
- U13G – Cavan Marie Ryan (35th – 11:36)
- U17W – Jenny Ireland (2nd – 21:23)
- U17W – Kirsty Ferguson (5th – 23:14)
- U17M – Luke Poutney (3rd – 17:24)
- SW – Kirsty Irwin (6th – 21:56)
- SW – Phyllis Hands (13th – 23:31)
- SM – Craig Mackenzie (9th – 35:41, 2nd SM)
- SM – Daniel Martin (23rd – 38:47, 2nd U20M)
- SM – Scott Dickson (31st – 40:15)
- SM – Marcus Whyte (39th – 42:08)
- SM – Ross Burton (46th – 43:47)
- SM – John Burns (52nd – 47:56)
- SM – Peter Blackmore (57th – 50:12)
- SM – James Proffitt (58th – 50:22)
Thanks to all the parents who came to support on a freezing cold day and to Bob McCrum and Lesley Ross for volunteering with registration and the finish funnel.
Congratulations go to Phyllis Hands who won the Gold Medal in the W60 category – well done Phyllis. Here are women’s and men’s results
The 2015-16 Cross Country Championship tables have been updated.
Phyllis Hands was first in the W60 category at the Scottish short-course championship at Bellahouston today – winning a gold medal.
Well done to Phyllis and the other MAC athletes who braved a dreich day and a waterlogged course.
Susan S-Mck – Clare B – Nick H – Craig Mac – Ross B – Scott D – Peter B – John B – Marcus W.
Special mention for Susan who had an epic journey to get to Bellahouston
and to the 3 young supporters who will all be going home a lot dirtier than when they arrived.
Here are the results of the first race in the 2015/16 XC Championship. Well done to the 6 women and 9 men who took part in the relays. It was a fantastic day as you will have already seen from previous posts.
5 bonus points are awarded in the XC Championship for each runner who took part and finished the course. The 2015-2016 Cross Country Championship Tables have been updated.
Team A 00:54:36 (14th Place)
Team B Vets 00:58:06 (4th Place)
Team A 00:63:16 (30th Place)
Team B 00:73:38 (42nd Place)
For some, the Cross Country season is a recent memory, however for others, the planning is just beginning!
We are delighted to announce that Motherwell AC has been selected as the Host Club for the 2015 West District Cross Country Relays.
These will be held on Sunday 11 October at the stunning Hamilton Park Racecourse. In time, we will be looking for LOTS of help both in the lead up, and for on the day. More news to follow in due course….