We had a number of medalists at the recent LAAA.
- 100m Snr Men Churchill Trophy – Joseph McCluskey 12.17.
- 800m Snr Men Tom Timmons 1.59.3.
- 800m U17 Men Dylan Drummond 2.05.54.
- 800m U17 Women Joey Leach 2.24.51
- Shot Put u17 Men Jay Steele 8.43m.
- 100m u15 Boys Matthew Taylor 12.86.
- 100m u13 Girls Hannah Dwyer 13.83
- 1500 Snr Men Stephen Allen 4.26.28.
- 1500m U17 Women Cara Baldwin 5.40.68.
- u13 Girls Shot Put Ava Lenzi 8.10m.
- u13 Girls Javelin Lucy Robertson 20.68m.
- u17 Men 200m Gabriel McCluskey.
- 100m Snr Men Christopher Yau 12.68.
- 100m u17 Women Sophie Dwyer 13.62.
- 200m u13 Girls Emma Gilchrist 29.13.
- 1500m Snr Men Jim White 4.27.94.
Other notable performances
- Lauren McNair 9.49.
- Amy Finnigan 10-09.
- Lucia McKenna 10.11.
- Max Burbidge 11.41.
- Emma Kelly 14.08.
- Orla Wheatley 14.19.
- Lucy Robertson 14.94.
- Carla Verrecchia 15.41.
- Ross Duffin 14.45.
- Hannah Dwyer 29.56.
- Orla Wheatley 31.63.
- Ross Duffin 29.73.
- Liam Ross 35.64.
- Emma Kelly 2.36.19.
- Ava Lenzi 2.43.01.
- Liam Ross 2.55.9
- Emma Gilchrist 3.70m.
- Orla Wheatley 3.62m.
- Ross Duffin 3.82.
- Liam Ross 3.69m.
- Cavan Marie Ryan 100m – 14.17 and Long Jump – 3.86m.
- Matthew Taylor 200m 27.17.
- 100m Gabriel McCluskey 12.74.
- 800m – Jay Steele 2.15.61.
n.b. – u15 Girls 200m – with 20m to go and in a clear 3rd place, Katie Howley tripped and fell. She showed true grit and determination by getting up and finishing the race. Although placed last she was a real winner with the spectators who gave her warm applause. Fortunately, she wasn’t injured. She recovered well to compete a week later in the CSSAL league match running a super 200m.
There are several available team spots for this last league meeting of the season – this Sunday, 9th September at Grangemouth.
Masters Women – 3000m A string, 1500m B string.
Senior Women – 3000m A & B strings, 1500m B string.
Masters Men – B string 1500m.
Senior Men – B string 1500m.
If your a re interested please let Bob McCrum know by Saturday afternoon.
Bob will need your Date of birth and Scottish Athletics number.
What a great day in the sunshine at our first league match in Ayr. Lots of PBs and super performances from our athletes, both young and more mature! It was fantastic to see athletes enjoying themselves, particularly those who hadn’t previously competed for the club.
Thanks to coaches for all the pre-competition preparation work and, as always, for their support on the day. Thanks also to our volunteer officials: coaches, Bob McCrumâ€‹ and Audrey McLaren; parents: David Gilchrist, Donna Marie McGovern, Garry Hawthorn, and Lauren Ross. Your efforts are much appreciated. The club has gained valuable league points because of your contribution!
Official results, which are subject to scrutiny, will follow on the Po10 shortly.
The next match is on 25th June in Kilmarnock.
Well done to everyone who competed in the final CSSAL Match of the season in Kilmarnock on Sunday 28th August. The club was represented by athletes from both Track and Field and Senior Endurance. We also had a number of athletes competing for the first time in their MAC vests.
Delays meant that there was a risk of the relays not going ahead, but thanks to the hard work of officials and helpers, they were all completed just before the deadline at 6pm.
There were some outstanding performances and new PBs made in a busy but fun environment. Official results will follow shortly.
Thanks again to parents, athletes, supporters and coaches for their valuable contribution to these events. We are all now looking forward to the LAAA Champs on Saturday and the Club Championships on the 11 September.