Following on from the Scottish Masters, at the British Masters at the weeked;
- Jim Smith won Bronze in 60m and Silver in 200m, Long Jump and Triple Jump.
- Fiona Steele was 5th in 60m and Gold with a PB in 200m.
- Phyllis Hands won Gold in the 3000m.
- Along with Alan Robertson, our Master Sprinters continue to perform exceptionally well at the top level of competition.
Many congratulations to all.
Motherwell A.C. Masters Sprinters Won 6 Gold and 2 Silver medals at the recent Championships in the Emirates Arena.
Alan Robertson (M35) won Gold and PB’s in 60m (7.26) and 200m (23.35s). His 60m time in the heat was 7.24s equaling the Club record.
Alan was up against an ex-Scottish Internationalist and 2 current British Squad members. He dominated the M35 Sprints with his superb start, drive, focus and control, particularly in the 200m being in the outside lane.
Jim Smith M70 won 4 Golds – 60m (9.05s), 200m (30.4); Long Jump & Triple Jump. This success despite still recovering from a virus.
Jim, (72), sets a fine example of how Athletics can give a lifetime of fitness and fun.
Fiona Steele (W50) won Silver with a PB in 60m (8.93s). She also won Silver in the 200m (29.42s). The strength and speed endurance gained from Rugby coupled with pure speed, improvement in sprint technique and starts from blocks, has resulted in a huge improvement for Fiona over the past year.
Jim & Fiona go on to compete at the British Masters Championships in London.
Our Road Running Section had 3 Athletes competing
- Benny Hands (M55) won Gold in the 800m (02:23)
- Phillis Hands (W60) won Silver in the 800m (03:09) and 1500m (06:23)
- Jim White (M40) had PB’s in 800m (02:25) and 1500m (05:02). This was his first experience indoors.