Congratulations to everyone who competed yesterday at SAIL Match 2. There were lots of PB’s and super performances.
Many thanks to Audrey, Adele, Richie and the parents for their hard work, great organizing skills and support.
The 3rd match takes place on Saturday 27th January – let’s “Just Do It” again.
A big well done to the U13G team who represented Motherwell AC at the SAIL 4x200m relay event in the Emirates Arena on Sunday 26th March.
Although they didn’t make the final, the girls ran a super race with good technique and hand-overs and they all thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
Thanks also to parents for supporting this event, especially the Mums!
Confirmed results from the third SAIL match at the Emirates Arena in Glasgow on 19th February are now on the Power of 10.
Well done everyone!
Just a follow-up post to confirm that the official results from the SAIL matches in January have now been listed on Po10 and can be accessed via these links:
8 January 2017
21 January 2017
Well done everyone!
Two U13 relay teams represented MAC at the Scottish Athletics Indoor League relay competition on Sunday 20th March.
The girls team (Jenna Booth, Taylor Frame, Katie Howley and Cavan Marie Ryan) ran a fantastic race, finishing 13th in a field of 27 teams with a time of 2.09.23.
The boys (Stuart Russell, Sam Kirkpatrick, William Bailey and Stuart Hawkins) also performed very well with a time of 2.10.01 and placed 14th out of the 22 teams taking part.
Thanks once again to parents and friends who supported this event and well done to the teams for such a great effort.
The results from the SAIL Match 3 which took place at the Emirates Arena, Glasgow on 31st January 2016 are as follows:
- 60m, Hannah Dwyer: 9.82 (PB)
- 60m, Emma Gilchrist: 10.10
- 600m, Emma Gilchrist: 2.21.87
- 60m, Katie Howley: 10.01
- 200m, Taylor Frame: 34.31 (SB)
- 800m, Cavan Marie Ryan: 3.00.40
- LJ, Taylor Frame: 3.19m (PB)
- SP, Katie Howley: 3.98m (PB)
- 60m, Rachael Knox: 9.02 (PB)
- 300m, Joey Leach: 50.59 (PB)
- 800m, Zoe Hawkins: 2.38.42 (SB)
- LJ, Joey Leach: 3.59m (SB)
- 60m, Olivia McKale: 9.17( PB)
- 200m, Michaela Dwyer: 28.38(PB)
- 60m, Sam Kirkpatrick: 10.24 (PB)
- 200m, Stuart Russell: 30.47 (PB)
- 800m, Stuart Hawkins: 2.55.55 (PB)
- LJ, Stuart Russell: 3.42m
- SP, Sam Kirkpatrick: 4.13m
- 60m, Gabriel McCluskey: 9.18 (PB)
- 800m, Dylan Drummond: 2.29.32
- 60m, Evan Bridges: 8.29 (PB)
- 200m, Lewis Gray: 37.06
- 800m, Luke Poutney: 2.09.72 (PB
- 60m, Michael Thomson: 7.35
- 200m, Stephen Ross: 23.09 (SB)
- 800m, Tom Timmons : 2.04.06 (SB)
- 400m, Adam Laird: 56.55 (PB)
Again, lots of PBs and a particularly significant one for Adam Laird who knocked almost 5 seconds off his 400m time in the last match! Luke Poutney has also since smashed this 800m PB in a fantastic performance at the Scottish Schools Championships on 4th February, with a time of 2.07.85!
Best wishes for a speedy recovery go to Lewis Gray who sustained an injury during his 200m race. Huge thanks and very well done to everyone who competed in events over the 3 matches. We also very much appreciate the support of family and friends and the work and support of our volunteer coaches before, during and after these competitions.
The results from the SAIL Match 2 which took place at the Emirates Arena, Glasgow on 10th January 2016 are as follows:
- 60m, [A String] Hannah Dwyer: 9.69 (2nd) (PB)
- 60m, [B String] Emma Gilchrist: 9.93 (1st) (PB)
- 600m, [A String] Ava Lenzie: 2.25
- 600m, [B String] Emma Gilchrist: 2.21.16 (8th) (PB).
- 60m, Taylor Frame: 9.86
- 200m, Katie Howley: 34.51 (PB)
- 800m, Cavan Marie Ryan: 2.54.93 (10)
- LJ, Katie Howley: 2.55m (PB)
- SP, Taylor Frame: 4.98m (10th) (PB)
- 60m, Rachael Knox: 9.02 (8th) (PB)
- 200m, Rachael Knox: 30.21
- 800m, Joey Leach: 2.48.16
- 300m, Zoe Hawkins :47.61 (6th) (PB)
- LJ, Zoe Hawkins: 3.65m
- 60m, Olivia McKale: 9.56( PB)
- 200m, Michaela Dwyer: 28.92 (9th)
- 300m, Katrina McEwan: 50.56 (PB)
- 60m, Jennifer Vaughan: 9.28 (7th) (PB)
- 400m, Kirsty Irwin: 64.99 (5th)
- 800m, Jenny Ireland: 2.34.34 (2nd)
- 60m, Stuart Russell: 9.50 (PB)
- 200m, Stuart Hawkins: 30.83 (7th) (PB)
- 800m, Sam Kirkpatrick: 3.05
- LJ, Stuart Russell: 3.48m (9th) (PB)
- SP, Stuart Hawkins: 4.73m (PB)
- 60m, Gabriel McCluskey: 12.41
- 800m, Dylan Drummond: 2.28.16 (5th) (PB)
- 60m, Lewis Gray: 7.65 (2nd) (PB)
- 800m, Luke Poutney: 2.11.46 (6th)
- 60m, Michael Thomson: 7.46 (4th)
- 200m, Tom Timmons: 24.90 (8th)
- 800m, Daniel Martin: 2.12.67 (8th)
- 400m, Lawrence McCluskey: 61.57 (9th)
It was another great day for MAC and there were lots more PBs. Well done to everyone who competed. A special mention goes to Gabriel McCluskey, who fell in his 60m but very bravely got up and finished the race. Thanks again to everyone who came along in support of the club.
We are now able to confirm results from the first SAIL Match which took place at the Emirates Arena, Glasgow on 6 December 2015:
|60m||A String||Hannah Dwyer||9.74||6th|
|60m||B String||Emma Gilchrist||9.99||6th|
|600m||B String||Hannah Dwyer||2.33.52|
|600m||A String||Emma Gilchrist||2.29.33|
|60m||Taylor Frame||9.83 (PB)|
|800m||Cavan Marie Ryan||2.51.57 (PB)|
|Long Jump||Cavan Marie Ryan||2.97m|
|Shot Putt||Taylor Frame||4.36m|
|60m||Rachael Knox||9.13 (PB)|
|200m||Rachael Knox||30.10 (PB)|
Well done to everyone who competed. There were a number of PBs which is super. Placings are also shown for athletes who made the top 10 in their respective events from both the morning and afternoon sessions combined. Anyone wishing further details should speak to their coach.
Thanks once again to parents and friends who came along to support out athletes.